Friday, August 8, 2014

2014: Week 29: When the Game Stands Tall

When the Game Stands Tall

Genre: Drama

Main Players:  Jim Caviezel, Alexander Ludwig, Michael Chiklis, Laura Dern

General Gist:  True Story of De Le Salle High School football team and their journey from a 151 winning streak with coach Bob Ladouceur.

Deb's Take:
I love a good movie about high school football.  Of course it's even better if it's true.  This movie was amazing.  The movie didn't just follow the season of a high school team, but rather a coach and his endeavour to make high school football about something other than winning.  I was impressed with all of the actors, Jim Caviezel did good, all the actors that played the high school kids did wonderful.  I felt like I was watching the lives of real folks, (which is essence I was).  There was a good message, great connection of characters, and I liked that at the end we got to see some real footage of the team and coach.  All in all this was a winner for me.   This one doesn't come out in theatres until Aug. 22 so mark your calendar!

Deb's Rate: Opening Night

Tiff's Take:
Same goes for this sister.  Even though I'm not a really huge sports fanatic, I do love a good sports movie.  I love the inspiration and talent and competitiveness.  This one had a few more relationship elements rather than just a straight up sports angle which I liked.  I also loved that it was a true story.  Makes it that much more exciting.  The acting was great so not much to complain about there.  This would be a great one to take your hubby to.  


Tiff's Rate: Friday Night

Preview: Lucy and Guardians of the Galaxy

No comments:

Post a Comment