Monday, December 10, 2012

2012: Week 48: Silver Linings Playbook

Silver Linings Playbook

Genre: Comedy, Romance

Main Players: Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence, Robert De Niro

General Gist: After a stay in a mental institute, a teacher moves in with his parents and begins to work on trying to reconcile with his wife.  Along the way he meets a young woman with issues as well.

Tiff's Take: 
This movie was sort of crazy.  Crazy in the fact that the characters were a little off (or a lot) and there was so much arguing and yelling and things going on.  This might have been a little too much for some people but it surprisingly was not for me.  I really loved this movie.  

Crazy really worked well for these characters and boy did the actors play the part.  The chemistry between Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence was great and I loved the humor.  There was one scene that got me and Deb so tickled we could hardly stop laughing.  I think people were looking at us funny.  Over all it was a pretty predictable story line but it was so enjoyable that it didn't matter at all.         

Tiff's Rate: Opening Night 

Deb's Take: This movie played up Crazy to a different sort of level.  I think the craziest part, the fact that more than likely there are households like this one in the world for real!  I think I liked this movie because it made me feel a little less crazy. 

I agree with Tiff,  the movie was pretty predictable, and very out there, but there was good character development, good relationship development (even in all it's craziness) and great chemistry.  The movie was funny, (yes Tiff and I were laugh crying at one point, although the full theatre did not seem to find as much humor in the scene as we did) as well as touching.  There was a little disconnect from time to time, however, I think that only enhanced this movie.  All the main actors were great, and I really enjoyed the show.  I don't think it's Academy Award worthy, but worth a good night out.

Deb's Rate: Opening Night

Preview: Movie Mania...we have 7-8 movies we want to see in the next 3 weeks. We'll see what happens.  Our Last Hurray!

No comments:

Post a Comment