Friday, February 10, 2012

2012: Week 6: This Means War

This Means War

Genre: Romantic Comedy, Action

Main Players: Reese Witherspoon, Tom Hardy, Chris Pine, Chelsea Handler

General Gist: Two best friends who are CIA partners fall for the same girl and decide to make it a competition to see who will win her over.

Deb's Take:
LOVED IT! This movie had everything, (almost).... Romance, Action, Comedy, Hot men, Hot Woman (so my husband says), and was extremely enjoyable. The theatre was filled with people who laughed a lot. I loved that it was funny, had great action and still had the romance I enjoy so much. It's rated PG-13, but a little more like PG-15 to me. (my new rating scale). Chris Pine and Tom Hardy did great. They played best friends so well. Reese Witherspoon did not disappoint either, she was great. Most enjoyable was Chelsea Handler. I loved her in this movie. She made me laugh out loud quite a bit! This movie comes out on Valentines day, and I will say, I think it is a great movie for a couple to go see. My husband really enjoyed it just as much as I did. Houston, we have a winner!

Tiff's Take:
I couldn't agree more with Deb.  (Finally, one in the new year that we completely agree on!)  This was such a fun movie.  All the actors did great.  Reese Witherspoon was lovely and likable as expected.  Chris Pine and Tom Hardy were perfect eye candy. (I must admit Tom Hardy was a little higher up on my hottie scale though.  Crooked teeth and all.)  Chelsea Handler was crude and witty making a great sidekick. 

This movie actually comes out next week but we were lucky enough to go to a prescreening.  So if you're thinking of going to a movie to celebrate Valentine's day next weekend this would be a great one.  Most romantic comedies are really just chick flicks.  But this one I think would be just as enjoyable for a guy as it would for a girl.  And like Deb said, it was really funny.  There were many laugh out loud moments.  Actually a few times the whole audience was roaring.  You can't beat that.  Make this one a date night!  

Preview: "The Vow"....we hope!

2 comments:

  1. Deb if you could email me at lisa@astheygrowup.com

    you won a prize but didn't leave an email for contact. you have 48 hours or I'll draw a new winner.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete