Monday, November 21, 2011

Week 47: The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1

You can't be surprised that this is the movie we went to see this week.  The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1.  Oh how I love movies that are such a big deal that there are lines of people waiting to get in.  Seriously, I really love the whole process.  Makes everything so exciting and you really feel like you're a part of something.  I know it's just a movie.  It's not like Woodstock or anything but still a great way to break up the week of routine family schedule.  And we really didn't even have to stand in line.  Or go at midnight.  We scored 8pm tickets through AMC's stubs program.  Worth the $12 membership if you ask me. 

So obviously I've read the books and seen the previous movies.  But it's been a while since I've read this book so the details weren't fresh in my mind.  I think this is the only way to see a movie that was a book first.  Otherwise you critique every little difference and you don't get to enjoy the story being brought to life.  And let me tell ya, there's nothing I enjoy more.

I won't bore you with who's in this because whether you like the movies or not you probably already know.  And if you don't you must live in a bubble.  I kid.  But seriously, I think the acting is getting better with each movie.  I know there are people who have beef with the acting and choice of actors for this series (aka my sister in law) but this one stepped it up a notch.  The acting is definitely better.  I've never had a huge problem with it myself because I can easily overlook so so acting when I'm really excited about what I'm seeing. 

This last book had the potential to be a crazy over the top movie with everything that was going on.  With the rapid pregnancy and crazy delivery it could have been a cheese fest nightmare.  But it wasn't.  I thought it was done really well.  And in this one you got to experience the wolves talking to each other in their heads a little better.  I liked it.  I don't know how I'm going to wait for the next one.  By the way, I think Part 2 will make the best movie out of them all.  You get to meet all the cool vampires and their "gifts" and a lot more action.  Can't wait.

If you love this series I don't have to tell you to go see it because either you already have or have plans to go.  If you don't like it there's probably no convincing you to go anyway.  But I'll tell you this.  There may be a chance that I'll go again over Thanksgiving.

To Sum it up: Love it, love it, love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment