Monday, October 24, 2011

Week 43: The Three Musketeers

This weekend we went and saw The Three Musketeers.  I hadn't heard a lot about this movie but you can guess what type it is based on the title.  I generally like these type of movies but wasn't sure if it would be anything special.  Turns out it wasn't.

Basically, it's about three washed out musketeers who are rejuvenated by a young musketeer who is looking to change the world one great cause at a time. The three actors who played the original musketeers were Matthew Macfadyen, Luke Evans and Ray Stevenson.  The younger one was played by Logan Lerman.  I'm not sure if it was bad acting or just plain boring characters but all of these guys were completely forgettable.  Not one of them jumped out.  I almost forget what they all looked like as I'm writing this.

The villains were played by Orlando Bloom and Milla Jovovich.  I've decided I'm not a big fan of Milla.  It seems like I've seen her in other things and she's been okay but in this she just wasn't.  And don't even get me started on Orlando Bloom.  I love Orlando Bloom.  I've loved him in everything he's been in.  But I can't believe he was in this movie.  The character just didn't work for him and even he was forgettable.  What a shame.

Overall I think it was tyring to be a little like Pirates of the Caribbean and failed miserably.  The special effects were too over the top and the music was exaggerated and corny.  And I don't usually even notice the music.  It's set up to be a sequel but I really hope its not.  If it is I really hope Orlando Bloom doesn't sign up for it again. 

Too Sum it up:  Boring characters, boring plot line and a sad use of one of my favorite actors.

No comments:

Post a Comment