Friday, October 7, 2011

Week 40: 50/50

For week 40 we saw 50/50.  It was about a guy in his 20's who finds out he has cancer and how it affects his relationships in his life.  The guy, Adam, was played by Joseph Gordon-Levitt.  You know, the kid from 3rd Rock from the Sun.  His best friend is played by Seth Rogan and his girlfriend Bryce Howard Dallas.  His therapist is Anna Kendrick and mother Anjelica Huston. 

Obviously this had a pretty sad undertone.  But it also had some funny moments thanks to Seth Rogan and some surprisingly funny moments with Anna Kendrick.  I'm always surprised by how much I like Anna Kendrick.  My first impression of her is the annoying high schooler from Twilight.  But then I saw her in Up in the Air with George Clooney and I was super impressed.  Anyway, I felt the same way about her in this one too.  The jury's still out on Bryce Howard Dallas.  And Seth Rogan's crude sense of humor actually fit well.

I thought this movie gave a real genuine take on what it might actual be like to find out you had cancer.  The drama that you might find in some movies really wasn't there.  It was almost anticlimactic but still told a touching story.  It was a really down to earth and a humorous take on a serious situation.

To Sum it up:  Sad, funny and touching.

No comments:

Post a Comment