Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Week 15 Bonus: Your Highness

Two movies in one week...excessive you say?  Well, maybe it is but that's what you do when you're in Montana with no kids. 

So Your Highness...what to say.  I wasn't expecting greatness with this movie but I was expecting entertainment.  I mean, Natalie Portman is one of my favorite actresses.  And I hear James Franco is Oscar worthy.  But alas, my expectations were too high even for this type of movie.

First of all, I knew I would have to be in a certain mood with this kind of humor.  And I thought I was prepared for it but I was wrong.  Danny McBride looked like he would be really funny in it but he just wasn't.  For one thing, this movie was pretty raunchy.  I mean, at one point Danny McBride's character had this beast's penis around his neck as a souvenir.  Now, I'm not one to get offended easily and I wasn't really with this one but I just didn't think it was funny.  Raunchy works as long as it's funny but this just wasn't.  Plain and simple. 

I think you might think it's funny if you're a teenage boy. (My teenage brother thought it was really funny.) But that's about it.  I'm not even sure my husband who sometimes acts like a teenage boy would have thought it was funny.  And I feel bad that that was the movie we took my mom too.  I'm sure she thought it was even less funny than me.  Oh well.  Live and learn.

To Sum it up: Not funny, really crude and not worth seeing if you're over 18 and a female.  

No comments:

Post a Comment