Monday, February 21, 2011

Week 8: Just Go With It

This week we saw Just Go With It with Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler.  I'll be honest, this movie didn't leave much of a lasting impression on me.  Both Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler were good and they seemed to have good chemistry with their bantering back and forth but they didn't really do it for me as far as a romantic couple.  Brooklyn Decker (aka Andy Roddick's real life model wife) also did okay.  I don't think I've seen her in an acting role before and I think she did fine.  Nothing spectacular.  Nicole Kidman was in it with a small role which I was surprised.  None of the previews showed her at all.  Her husband in the movie was Dave Matthews which I thought was funny.  And at the end of the movie (spoiler alert if you really care at all) Brooklyn Decker's character ends up with Andy Roddick playing himself.  I thought that was funny too but really that was about it for the movie.

Most of Adam Sandler's movies seem to be to an extreme as far as dumb comedy goes.  At least his earlier ones.  And I'll be honest, I usually like those.  This one was a little different because it seemed like it was more of a romantic comedy but not quite.  There were funny parts that weren't quite funny and serious parts that weren't quite serious.  It didn't really work for me at all.  The whole story line was outlandish and unbelievable.  I mean who meets someone and then within a week or so takes a whole dysfunctional family vacation to Hawaii?  There were just way to many holes in the story.  I know it was suppose to be sort of carefree and fun but it just didn't do it for me. 

I'm not sure I would really recommend this movie to anyone.  If you're in the mood for a good Adam Sandler comedy this is definitely not it.  And if you're in the mood for a good Jennifer Aniston romantic comedy this isn't it either. 

To Sum it up: Not that funny, not that believable and not sure if it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment