Saturday, January 1, 2011

Week 1: Black Swan

So, this is the first week of our year of reviews. I can't think of a better way to start the new year than with a movie.

The movie we decided to see tonight was Black Swan. I'm a big Natalie Portman fan so I was excited about this one. And it didn't disappoint. It was a lot more sexual then I thought it was going to be which was fine but a little uncomfortable when you're sitting next to your mom. There was even a part that made me blush. I guess it got it's intended effect.

This movie was also considered a thriller. When I was younger I use to love to go to movies that were a little scary. I've gotten out of that phase mainly because I tend to freak myself out way too much after the fact. Well, this movie wasn't necessarily a scary movie but it did have it's moments. I have to admit there were a few times when I had to watch through squinted, half-closed eyes. But I'm a wimp so take that how you will.

Like I said, I'm a Natalie Portman fan so I'm slightly bias but I thought she was really good. Mila Kunis, who played Lily was good too. I looked her up afterwards cause I couldn't remember where I've seen her before and it was from That 70's Show. Totally different role for her and she did it well.

Overall, great movie. Words to sum it up: sexual, intense and a little artsy.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting that both of you girls mentioned that the sex scenes made you uncomfortable because I was there. Guess I was uncomforatble, too. It was a dark movie but very well acted!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete